We offer medical imaging for Adult and Paediatric patients with a wide range of diagnostic and interventional radiological services. We are based in the Radiology Department in the grounds of Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust (NGH).
If a particular test or treatment is not listed, please do contact us and we will inform you if this can be done at our centres.
1. General Radiology - this includes plain radiography ("X-rays") such as Chest X-rays, Hip or Knee X-rays etc.
2. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - including MR Angiography, Multiparametric scans for Prostate cancer, MRI for small bowel etc.
3. Computed Tomography (CT) - including CT for Oncology, CT colonography, Cardiac CT scans etc.
4. Ultrasound - for the abdomen and pelvis, musculoskeletal, gastric band refilling, aortic aneurysm screening etc.
5. Nuclear Medicine - this involves using radiopharmaceuticals and includes bone scans, VQ scans etc.
6. Interventional Radiology - this includes angiograms, angioplasties, vascular stent insertion, varicocoele embolisation, nephrostomy, ureteric stent insertion, biopsies, drainages etc.
7. Fluoroscopy - this includes examinations such as Barium swallows and meals, Barium enemas etc.
8. DEXA scans - for bone mineral analysis in Osteoporosis.
SpecialitiesOur combined expertise covers the imaging of all organ systems of the body including -
- ENT (ear, nose, throat).
- Gastro-intestinal (digestive tract).
- Musculoskeletal (bones and joints).
- Neurological (brain, spine and nervous system).
- Oncological (cancer).
- Thoracic (lungs).
- Urological (kidneys and urinary tract).
- Vascular (arteries and veins).
- Women's Imaging.
Notice regarding private mammography screening
NPR is no longer providing a private screening mammography service.
If you are aged over 70yrs, you can self refer for a screening mammogram on the NHS. If you have a symptom, please contact your GP.